Disclaimer: This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation (at no cost to you) when you click on links to those products. Read our Disclaimer Policy for more information.
LifeLock is a household name when it comes to identity theft protection, but IdentityForce is another strong contender that promises to help consumers protect their identity. Here’s how the two identity theft protection and credit monitoring services compare.
IdentityForce is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to identity theft protection and credit security.
In business for over 40 years, they use advanced technology to monitor, alert, control, and recover your identity. With 24/7 support, IdentityForce has your back protecting your most private information.
>> More: IdentityForce Review
LifeLockis a household name when it comes to identity theft protection. LifeLock partners with Symantec to provide not only identity theft protection but computer protection too.
Your identity is at the highest risk of threats online, so cyberthreat protection is a welcome feature. LifeLock works hard to help restore your identity and get financial reimbursement.
>> More: LifeLock Review
IdentityForce vs LifeLock (Side-by-Side Comparison)
Plans and Pricing
Identity Force has two plans UltraSecure and UltraSecure+Credit.
- UltraSecure is $17.95/month or $179.50/year and provides 24/7monitoring, alerts, recovery if your identity is stolen, and control including two-factor authentication and loss wallet assistance.
- UltraSecure+Credit is $23.95/month or $239.50/year includes everything in UltraSecure plus 3-bureau credit monitoring, credit scoring tracker, and a credit score simulator.
IdentityForcehas many features that go beyond standard identity theft monitoring. They monitor social media, the dark web, mobile attack control, court records, and change of address to name a few.
Other stand-out features include Social Security Tracking which alerts you if your Social Security number becomes associated with any other name or address and they offer a junk mail opt-out service to give thieves less ammunition to steal your information.
IdentityForce offers $1 million identity theft insurance, and White Glove Family Restoration to help restore your stolen identity.
- Monitor – Continuous monitoring of all aspects of your financial life including your credit, personal, and financial information. They provide technologically advanced ways to monitor all aspects of your financial and personal life to detect any fraudulent activity.
- Alert – You’ll receive immediate alerts when fraudulent activity is suspected via text, email, or desktop alerts so you are always ‘in the know.’
- Control – IdentityForce helps you see where your information is used, what’s reported, and helps protect your most private information, especially online.
- Recovery – IdentityForce helps you put the pieces back together if you’re a victim of identity theft. They handle all details and provide $1 million in identity theft insurance.
IdentityForcehas an ‘A’ rating with the Better Business Bureau and offers several ways to contact them including email, phone, and they have a healthy FAQ/support section on their website.
Member services representatives are available during normal business hours.
- One of the best identity protection companies out there with the most comprehensive services
- Screens even unique records such as medical records and loan records for potential identity theft
- Provides credit reports from all three bureaus
- Offers a credit score simulator that helps you make financial decisions to determine how they’d affect your credit score
- Uses anti-phishing software
- Encrypts your keyboard strokes
- You can only sign up for the family plan if you call a representative
- The plans are costly
Plans and Pricing
- LifeLock Standard – For $9.99/month, it provides identity and Social Security alerts and monitors one credit bureau.
- LifeLock Select – For $9.99/month, it provides everything in the Standard plan plus Security and VPN for up to 5 devices including computers and mobile devices
- LifeLock Advantage – For $19.99/month, it provides everything in Select plus TransUnion credit lock, phone takeover monitoring, and crime monitoring.
- LifeLock Ultimate Plus – For $29.99/month, it provides everything above plus 3-credit bureau mentoring, 401K and investment account monitoring, and home title monitoring.
LifeLock provides access to lawyers and other professionals to help you if your identity is stolen and certain packages include $1 million in identity theft insurance.
All LifeLock plans also include Norton Antivirus and extensive technology protection when conducting business on your computer. In today’s digital age, this is more important than ever.
- Scan and alert – Depending on the package you chose, LifeLock scans all areas of your life and alerts you immediately if a threat is detected. They send alerts via text, email, or via the mobile app.
- Defend – LifeLock stops hackers from accessing your information in real life and online.
- Resolve – LifeLock professionals help you fix any issues if you become a victim of identity theft.
- Reimburse – LifeLock will reimburse you for funds lost if you’re a victim, up to the limit of your plan.
LifeLock offers 24/7 phone service for clients of any plan. Their restoration department is also great at helping you get your affairs in order, helping you any time that you need it.
- LifeLock protects your digital life as well as your ‘regular’ financial life
- Offers ‘Stolen Funds Reimbursement’ up to your chosen plan’s limit
- Customer service is more reliable than most other services
- You can lock your TransUnion credit report
- LifeLock’s largest plan offers Home Title coverage to protect your largest asset
- The largest plans are quite pricey, but provide the coverage you need, especially if you want family coverage
- You may get lax about your own security protections if you know LifeLock is watching for you, which could put you at risk
Identity Force vs LifeLock FAQs
Is IdentityForce or LifeLock Better?
IdentityForceand LifeLock are similar, yet very different. LifeLock is more affordable, especially its lower plans, but offers different types of coverage. IdentityForce is a force to be reckoned with, protecting you in all aspects of your life.
If you’ve been a victim of identity theft, IdentityForce may be the better option, but if you just want to protect yourself ‘just in case,’ LifeLock is a great choice too.
What Insurance Does IdentityForce Offer?
IdentityForce offers $1 million in identity theft insurance.
What Insurance Does LifeLock Offer?
LifeLockoffers identity theft insurance by plan. The Junior and Select plan offer up to $25,000 in insurance; $100,000 for the Advantage plan, and up to $1 million for the Ultimate Plus plan.
Has IdentityForce Been Hacked?
IdentityForcehasn’t been hacked, but they have helped millions of people through hundreds of hacks including the Microsoft, Hanna Anderson, Zoom, Kroger, and California DMV hack.
Has LifeLock Been Hacked?
LifeLockwas hacked in 2018, but they fixed the vulnerability quickly and since they do what they do, they were able to help consumers fix the issues quickly.
Bottom Line: IdentityForce vs LifeLock
The right program for you is the one that offers what you need. If you’re more concerned about computer safety and online hacking, LifeLock is a great choice.
If you want an all-around program that covers virtually every aspect of your life, IdentityForce is the better option.