What Is Vroom?
Vroom is an online used car dealership and financing company. If you choose to do so, you can buy your car, get your financing from Vroom, and never leave your home.
You can also sell your car to Vroom (you don’t need to buy one from them to do this).
Vroom sells all types of cars. Whether you’re looking for a soccer mom mini-van, coupe, or sedan – they’ve got it all.
Think of a CarMax parking lot, and that’s what you get with Vroom, but online, so you don’t have to go through the hassle of going to a dealership.
How Does Vroom Work?
It’s easy to use Vroom with these simple steps.
- Step 1: Browse the Vroom website. Just like you would browse a dealership in person, you can browse the available cars on Vroom. You can search by make, model, or even just car type (mini-van, sedan, etc.) From there, you can filter the results even further, such as by mileage, color, or engine type.
- Step 2: Secure financing for the car. If you aren’t paying cash, you’ll need financing. Vroom offers financing, but we recommend getting at least two other quotes to see which offer is the least expensive overall, not just monthly.
- Step 3: Pay for the car and complete the paperwork. Your final step is to pay for the car, sign the paperwork, and arrange for delivery.
Vroom gives all customers a 7-day, 250-mile money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the car within that time, you can return it, but you’ll lose the delivery fee.
How Does Vroom Financing Work?
Like we said above, Vroom offers financing, which is a perk if you like a one-stop-shop.
They offer two ways to get financing – from Vroom (Vroom by Chase) or through one of its partner lenders, including Capital One, TD Bank, and Ally Clearlane.
We suggest getting multiple quotes so you can choose the option that suits your needs the most.
Vroom Auto Financing Features & Benefits
Quick & Easy Application
Vroommakes it easy to not only shop for cars but get the financing too. You complete a quick application online and have an answer in minutes.
No more sitting in a finance manager’s office sweating bullets and trying to make heads or tails out of the information they’re providing. There’s no pressure and nothing but time on your side.
Compare Competitive Rates from Multiple Lenders
Because Vroom works with multiple lenders, you’ll get quotes from several lenders, giving you thebest auto loan rates.
Maybe you want the loan with the lowest APR, or you like the term of a different loan. We encourage you to look at the big picture – the bottom line.
Know how much the total loan costs before making any decisions.
Easy Vehicle Registration
Another headache when buying a car is vehicle registration. With Vroom, if you keep the vehicle after the 7-day return period, they’ll automatically register it with your state and send you the license plates. The process usually takes about 6 weeks.
How Much Does Vroom Financing Cost?
Vroom’srates start at 2.49%, but your actual rate depends on your qualifying factors like any lender.
This includes the amount you borrow, your credit score, and the make/model of the vehicle.
Your rate and what determines it varies by lender, of which Vroom works with several.
What Do I Need to Qualify for Vroom Financing?
To apply for Vroom financing, you must provide the following:
- Personal information about you and a co-application (if applicable). This includes name, birth dates, Social Security numbers, address, and contact information.
- Information about your income and employment. You must provide your annual income, employer’s name, and dates of employment.
- Information about your housing situation. Do you rent or own? How much is your housing payment?
- Information about the car you want to buy, including how much you need to borrow. Provide details about the make, model, and year of the car and how long you want to borrow the money.
Like any lender, Vroom lenders will process your information and determine if you qualify for a loan and, if you do, at what terms.
Vrooms Financing Pros and Cons
- You can do everything from browsing cars to buying them online.
- You can get a loan even with bad credit with one or two of Vroom’s partner lenders.
- Vroom offers low APRs.
- It takes only a few minutes to complete an application and get approved.
- You can’t test drive the cars.
- The inventory may be less diverse than you’re looking for.
- Vroom charges $599 for a delivery fee.
How Does Vroom Financing Compare?
#1. Vroom vs. Caribou
Caribou is an online auto loan refinance service. You can apply with Caribou and get quotes from multiple lenders.
If you took out a car loan at a high-interest rate or long term and want to change it, you can find the best auto loan refinance deal using Caribou.
>> More: Caribou Review
#2. Vroom vs. Autopay
Autopay offers virtual financing, which you can combine with your virtual car buying at Vroom for the best of both worlds.
At Autopay, you complete one application and can shop at several lenders, securing the most attractive loan.
Whether you want to save time and hassle, or you want the lowest APRs available, Autopay is a marketplace that can help.
>> More: Autopay Review
#3. Auto Approve vs. Vroom
If you’re paying too much for your car payment, let Auto Approve help. They specialize in auto loan refinancing, helping borrowers lower their payments or change their terms.
Auto Pay works with borrowers with all types of credit, including lower credit scores, allowing everyone to secure the best interest rates on their car loans.
>> More: Auto Approve Review
#4. RefiJet vs. Vroom
RefiJet helps you lower your monthly payment or interest rate to save money on your car loan. This marketplace offers the option to pre-qualify without hurting your credit.
This gives you the chance to see if refinancing makes sense or if you should just wait it out. With RefiJet, you also get 2 months off from your car payment, which can be nice if money is tight temporarily.
>> More: RefiJet Review
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Vroom Have Good Financing?
Good financing is a subjective decision. Yes, they have good financing terms, but you have to qualify for them.
At any time, another lender may have better or worse terms available for you. We suggest securing terms from 3 lenders so you can compare.
What Credit Score Do You Need for Vroom?
Vroomdoesn’t state a minimum credit score, but like any lender, the higher your credit score is, the better the terms you’ll get.
Ideally, you should have a 660-credit score or higher. This allows you to get the best terms, including the lowest rates and shortest terms.
Is Vroom a Good Way to Buy a Car?
If you’re comfortable buying a car without testing driving it, Vroom is a great way to buy a car.
Many people use it after test-driving cars or once they know what type of car they want but are waiting for the right color, year, or type.
Buying a car from home has its benefits, but there are downsides too. Look at the big picture before you decide.
Can You Negotiate Price with Vroom?
No, the prices on Vroom are set in stone. You can’t negotiate them, which is good and bad. You don’t have to deal with the haggling or feeling like you lost the battle, but you may pay a price higher than you’d like to bid.
Bottom Line: Vroom Review
If you’re into buying a car from home, Vroom makes it easy. You do everything from your computer, and after finalizing everything, your car is delivered to you.
Of course, there are still the headaches of finding financing and deciding if you like the car, but if you’re over the hassle of going to the dealership, Vroom offers a nice alternative.